Sunday, January 27, 2008

A Sad Day

Yesterday five boys all 19 years old died here in Ocala. They were driving on a local airport stip at a speed unimaginable! The car went off of an ledge and the boys flew 200 ft in the air then hit two trees which caused the car to split in two. Two of the boys were ejected and all were dead on the scene. To make matters worse there was a blog posted about the incident in which the reader completely degraded and made a mockery out of the 5 deaths. He laughed at the fact everyone in Ocala was mourning over the loss of the boys.
I never thought I would see such cruel mockery. To think that one person is capable of saying such things just blows me away. After reading his article my mind went to those 5 boys, two of which i knew and were my friends. I felt for their families and how they could not just deal with the death of their sons but also with a man insulting them. Every one in Ocala just needs to disregard this mans words. He needs prayer and help and we should not lower to his standards by yelling at him. I hope that God sends someone into that mans life to help and comfort him. I just wish the community, friends, and families never had to read those harsh words.
The world is not a safe place and I am glad this does not have to be our home forever. I just never thought I would see such hate and disregard of this manner in my community.

No comments: