Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Yet another Tragedy

These past two weeks have been very tragic for Ocala, Florida. We have lost 7 young people to horrific car accidents within one week of each other. It's an emotional time for many high school students because many of us knew the ones who died. We need a lot of prayer and support right now. Our community is trying to recover but it's a slow process. I as well as many others worry as to what the weeks to come will bring and now live in a sort of fear. We need the Lord's comfort to fall on us and to touch our hearts. Please keep in your mind and prayers the community of Ocala as you go on through the week. I just hope that my next blog will be on a happier note.

3 comments:

Jonas said...

I'm so sorry.

I remember one of my good friends was killed in a car accident about 4 years ago. It hurt, a lot.

I will pray.

Julianne said...

Grace! I am SO sorry to hear that. I will pray too. I know that God's heart is pained with yours and the many families and friends over the loss of those boys. Tragedies like that make me long all the more to tell as many people as possible that this world is going to end SOON. God bless you as you try to be a witness for Him in this sad time. I love you!

Grace said...

Thank you for your warm and comforting comments. It has been a week or two now since i wrote the post and as sad as it is i still have sad news. This is the 3rd weekend some one has passed away. While I personally have mostly recovered there are still those that are mourning. A cloud of sadness and depression is upon many here and it's quite heavy to lift. Some ask why God would let this happen to such young people, but I do not doubt Him and I encourage others not to as well. I can only do so much though, and thanks to God I am able to give more words of comfort and encouragement. So please keep on praying for everyone here we sure do need it. Thank you again.