Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Vegetable Judging!



Today was my first practice for non other than Vegetable Judging. Now many may think this to be kind of silly but in all actuality it's quite helpful. We become familiar with different veggies and their seeds, as well as insects and diseases plants get. I was surprised that I knew a lot of the vegetables already but there were some I had never heard of. I also learned that there are quite a few types of beans. Before today I only knew of the classic Green Beans, now I know of 3 others. There is the wax bean, the pole bean, and the bush bean. The seeds were hard to remember at first but after a few minutes their names started to stick. It was really cool to see how different the seeds are from their product. I would never have guessed what some of them were seeds of. Here are some pictures of the different type of beans I mentioned.



This is a Bush Bean!



This is a Pole Bean!



These are Wax Beans!

4 comments:

Paul said...

Reading your blog makes me hunger.

Jonas said...

I favor bush beans.

Sounds like a good learning experience!

Grace said...

It's a great experience..
I have learned over 50 different vegetables, 20 seeds, 30 bugs, 20 diseases, and 20 weeds...It is a lot of fun! and like Paul i do get hungry from them a lot!

Chopsticks on Oboe said...

Hi Grace! I didn't know you had a blog! How are you doing? How is life in Florida? Petra and Paul have a new blog I'm not sure if they sent it to you, so here it is: http://gimbieadventisthospital.blog.co.uk . Have a great Summer!